Today is also blog hop day, with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, the challenge where we take inspiration from a kit club kit (usually sold out) and route around in our existing scrapbooking stash to create a kit of our own. As a digital scrapbooker, my stash never runs out, so I always have plenty to scrap with. Mixing and matching my stash means I never get bored with what I have either.
If you are hopping with us, you will have arrived from Lynnette's blog, and mine is the last stop this month. If you want to start at the beginning, you will find the full list on the CKC blog, here.
So what inspiration have I got from Scrapbook Circle's Island Paradise Kit? My theme of "weekends" comes from the word sticker about Saturday and Sunday. I'm also liking the turquoise and yellow with a splash of red.
|Details close up from Island Paradise Kit by Scrapbook Circle (sold out)|
So for my stash shopping list:
- Saturday & Sunday - Claudi's 365 kit.
- Alpha rectangles with different letter colours - Plentiful from Shabby Princess
- Journal prompts for who, when, where etc. - Revelling by Kristen Rise (K Studio)
- Turquoise & Yellow papers with a splash of red - Revelling by Kristen Rise and a plaid one from Plentiful from Shabby Princess
- Music paper - note paper from Vicki Robinsons's Music in Me kit.
- Extra bits, like frames and buttons, to help me scrap taken from Kristen's Revelling kit.
- Fox - Kristin Aagard's Woodland Autumn elements pack.
I really liked the stuff in Kristen's Revelling kit, which is why I got it, but I've never succeeded in scrapping anything with it, as it was too bright and bold. I rather like the way it works mixed with those other pieces, and am looking forward to creating a few, family weekend pages this month. Who knows, you might see some more stuff from that kit mixed and matched later in the year.
Be blessed everyone, and have a happy creative September.