Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so I can visit your blog in return.

Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Sid, the Spider Monkey.

We went to Dudley Zoo a few weeks ago, and Roo was so happy, he saw lots of monkeys, lemas, chimps and orangutans. He was especially fond of the spider monkeys, and was inspired to make himself a toy one.

Photo taken by TJ.
He used the No Sock, Sock Monkey downloadable pattern from Funky Friends Factory. His sensory processing disorder meant that he needed a little help, but he did really well, considering that he can't feel the needle properly. I went over the main construction seams to ensure the stuffing didn't come out.

 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Gosh, it must be nearly 40 years since I went to Dudley Zoo. I guess I thought it had probably closed down by now! His stuffed toy is a cutie though! Glad he was inspired to create