Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so I can visit your blog in return.

If you are here for a blog hop, you will find my hop posts as follows:

Sunday, 2 March 2014

Mark Making

In yesterday's post I mentioned that I was routing around in the recycling etc to find somethings I could make marks with that would be similar to the parts of the Well Rounded stencil from The Crafter's Workshop.


So what did I find? Some plastic pots for making circles, and some drinking straws for little circles. I've bunched some straws together, that I cut in half first, with an elastic band to make multiple circles at once. Of course, lets not forget the bubble wrap. I've got a lot of that, but finding some that the children hadn't popped already was the tricky part. The bottom right image makes me think of corrugated card-board. I'll have to keep my eyes open for when some of that becomes available.


So out with some paint to test it out.


Not bad, I think I'll have some fun playing with those.


What do you lying around that you can use for mark making in your journals, craft projects and scrapbooking pages?

7 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Now that is cool!

Jimjams said...

Clever girl - love the effect those straws make!

Chidkid said...

The simplest ideas are always the best! Kudos

LCSmithSAVED said...

I have collected so many things over the years that I though would make great stamps - trick now is to collect them all while I am inspired by your creativity!

Maggie said...

Great tips for diy stamping, I'm inspired to try them myself, thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

I love how you think Angela! Love how versatile you are!

Georgie Horn said...

great ideas with the straws, so stealing that idea! Come by for a visit to my blog.