Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so i can visit your blog in return.

If you are here for a blog hop, you will find my hop posts as follows:

Tutorials and Tips on making a smash styled travel journal.

Saturday, 1 March 2014

March CKC Reveal with Project Art.

This month the CKC have picked the February kits from Cocoa Daisy to choose from for our inspiration. One of the things I love about Cocoa Daisy is they have Project Art kits for art journalling etc as well as scrapbooking kits, and I still have some empty pages in my ABC journal to complete. So this month, instead of putting a digital scrapbooking kit together I've routed through my art supplies and other stuff to counterfeit the February Project Art Kit.

Feb Project Art Kit at Cocoa Daisy - Sold Out.
What's on the stash shopping list?
Set of 6 Twinkling H2O's shimmering watercolors in Pearlesque 
Tisha was given a set of paints for her birthday last year that included some pearlised and glitter paints. I may try mixing them with my standard watercolours to increase the colour range. Yes, it's OK for me to use them, we share, actually the children use my stuff more often than their own anyway.

Ranger Glossy Accents
According to my fellow Master Forgers this stuff can be used to stick thick/bulky/heavy items, and give a glossy sheen. In mixed media art we use Matt Medium as a collage glue, and home made Mod Podge can give a glossy sheen (tutorial for DIY mod podge). So those will do instead.

small white doilies
Got plenty of those.

vintage playing cards
well, they are not exactly vintage, but I do have some flash cards that came free with a parenting magazine when TJ was a tot sitting in my "for altering" box.

vintage book paper 
when he was sorting through stuff after Christmas, Daniel found an old Russian grammar text book from 1961, that I'll go reclaim from the recycling box.

et voilĂ :

As an addon, Cocoa Daisy picked the Well Rounded stencil from The Crafter's Workshop. I've got quite a few of their stencils, but not this one. Looking at it I think I have a fair number of things around the house and in the recycling box that I can use to make similar marks on my pages. I'll share the details tomorrow (see next post).


If you are blog hopping you will have arrived from our Guest Designer, Elaine's blog. Your next stop is with our ever inspiring Jemma at Just Jimjams. Have fun and be blessed everyone.

13 comments:

Chidkid said...

Ooh that's exciting! Something so different for me but some inspiring items for me to see what I can do with my art journal.

Lesley G said...

Interesting stuff from our digi girl - look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Julene Matthews said...

This looks fabulous Angela. Looking forward to seeing your productions.

sassyscrapper said...

I am intrigued with art journaling and will be interested in how you alter your book and use your supplies. Thanks for sharing!

Margie said...

Ooh, fun and artsy!

Tina Campbell said...

A wonderful choice, I'm excited to see what you do with it :)

Jimjams said...

I see you'll be "hands on" this month Angela - great little kit - I love that stencil, but I'm sure you'll have no trouble counterfeiting it - money in the bank!

Roxy said...

Great kit, love the stencil!

cinmfoster said...

Great kit, looking forward to seeing your projects

kate blue said...

love that you took this in a different direction! I too need that stencil and now that you mention it, I have some vintage books that need rescuing!

Annie Claxton said...

ooooh how exciting! Can't wait to see what you do with all this! :o)

LCSmithSAVED said...

I, too, was drawn to this add-on. Love how you managed such a spot on forgery, and that the book will be resurrected from the ash heap, so to speak. It is inspiring to me how you find the things you need in the everyday :~)

Lisa said...

I love the way you went in a different direction with your art kit! You are so resourceful - this looks like a great kit to use!