In her video, Melanie Matthews makes it look really easy.
- coat the area of page where image is to go with Fluid Matt Medium
|This journal page is made from watercolour paper|
and coloured with blue watercolour washes, and white gesso.
The image is from a diabetes research magazine.
- place the magazine image face down into the medium
- smooth across with hands
- leave for a couple of minutes
- gently peal the magazine scrap leaving the image behind
- after about 30 seconds gently rub off the remaining paper from the magazine with your finger.
I really like the way it looks, and am going to do some more practising. Would be nice to see how I can incorporate this into some of my mixed media art too.
Note - this technique will reverse the image, so that the left of the image will be to the right of the image after transfer.